This lamp is a life saver. Especially for people who have an open concept kitchen like we do. We've always had trouble airing out my apartment after cooking and no matter what we use the smell stays. Until I found Lampe Berger!
A French pharmacist invented this diffuser in 1898 to purify the air in sick rooms and hospitals and remove bad odors. I’m not sure about purifying the air (I’m sure my husband would disagree as well lol) but as for the smell, this thing is like magic!
I only use the “neutral” oil without adding a scent. It actually deodorizes the air and we wake up the next day as if no cooking took place!
Here’s how you use it: away from any flame or heat source
1) Fill the lamp up to 2/3 not more, I usually add just one quarter for our apartment.
2) Insert wick into neck of the lamp until the stone is secure on the opening.
3) Cover with snuffer cap & leave for 20 minutes for the wick to absorb the liquid.
4) Take the cap off and light the stone using a lighter.
5) Let the flame burn for 2 minutes then blow it out.
6) Place the vented cap on top.
Be careful since that area will be hot until all the liquid is burnt out OR you can carefully remove the vented cap and put the snuffer cap back on to stop the burning and reserve the liquid for another time.
Check out my instagram for a step by step video post!